Street Smarts 3rd & 4th Grade
This interactive mini-course addresses the important topic of pedestrian safety. Third and fourth grade students will learn how to safely cross the street, along with the importance of crossing the street with an adult until the age of 10. As students navigate through the course, they will learn what a crosswalk is and how traffic signals and pedestrian signals can help pedestrians cross the street safely. The course features a short online video lesson, an offline activity, and a fun game that gives students the opportunity to practice the skills they have learned. A pre-test and post-test are included to measure what students have learned in the course.
In this self-directed course, the delivery method is blended, utilizing a combination of an online lesson and activity, and an offline classroom activity.
Target Course Length
The target course length is approximately 1 hour, including online time, and offline time for classroom activities.
After completing Street Smarts 3rd & 4th Grade, students will be able to:
- Explain why it's important to cross streets with an adult until at least the age of 10.
- Identify what a pedestrian is.
- Identify what a crosswalk is.
- Describe how to safely cross a street.
- Explain how traffic signals (stoplights and stop signs) make it safer for pedestrians to cross a street.