Healthy Minds 3rd Grade
Children’s Wisconsin is committed to keeping kids healthy and safe. That’s why we created Healthy Minds 3rd Grade, the part of a continuum of mental and emotional health e-learning courses for K-8 students. Students will receive their own usernames and passwords for the program, which provides an engaging look at what makes a healthy mind, and introduces the skills needed to help them lead healthy lives, including setting goals and communicating effectively. They will learn the importance of recognizing their feelings, connecting with others, being physically active, getting enough sleep, and other healthy habits that can improve their mental and emotional health.
In this self-directed course, the delivery method is blended, utilizing a combination of online lessons and activities, and offline classroom activities.
Target Course Length
The target course length is approximately 3 hours, including online time, and offline time for classroom activities.
After completing Healthy Minds 3rd Grade, in its entirety, students will be able to:
- Identify at least two things they can do every day to stay mentally healthy.
- Name at least four different emotions.
- Describe appropriate ways to express and deal with emotions, such as anger, sadness, and frustration.
- Name the four main characteristics of a healthy relationship.
- Explain at least two ways to show a friend that they care.
- Demonstrate how to ask for help to improve personal mental and emotional health.
- Set a goal to improve or maintain positive mental and emotional health.
- Track progress to achieving a mental health goal.
- Identify two trusted adults that can help with mental health goals or concerns.
In this lesson students learn what it means to have a healthy mind and are introduced to the concepts of mental health and emotional health.