Act Now! Kindergarten
This age-appropriate e-learning course, teacher or counselor led on an interactive white board, helps K4-K5 students learn about friendship, feelings, and the basics of bullying. Act Now! Kindergarten teaches young students to learn how to recognize bullying behaviors, understand the difference between tattling and telling, and describe ways that people might be different from one another. K4-K5 students will view short online lessons, watch videos, and play educational games that give them the opportunity to practice the skills they have learned.
In this teacher or counselor-facilitated course, the delivery method is blended, utilizing a combination of online lessons and activities, and offline classroom activities.
Target Course Length
The target course length is approximately 2-1/2 hours, including online time and offline time for classroom activities.
After completing Act Now! Kindergarten, students will be able to:
- Recognize bullying behaviors in the school setting and share examples with class and teachers.
- Give one positive example of what to do in a bullying situation.
- Name the feeling they would have when given two different video scenarios.
- Describe how they think being bullied might make them or their classmates feel.
- Demonstrate, as a class, one way to calm down when they are angry.
- Indicate verbally whether a situation involves tattling or telling given a video scenario.
- Demonstrate, in a role play situation, how to show care and compassion for someone.
- Demonstrate, in a role play situation, how to invite someone to join in on an activity.
- Describe two ways that people can be different from one another.
- Recognize behaviors that are friendly and behaviors that are unfriendly.
- Name at least two trusted adults that they can go to if they need help.
Orange Tree is a question and answer game that quizzes students on content from the course while they pick oranges from the tree and score points.