Act Now! 7th Grade
In this engaging and interactive course, seventh grade students learn how to make positive, long-lasting choices about bullying. Through virtual conversations with characters, educational videos and lessons, students get the chance to role play situations related to bullying, making choices that will impact their interactions with other characters. They spend time at a fictitious middle school, where they meet a cast of characters whose lives have been affected by bullying. At this grade level, strategies for dealing with cyberbullying and sexual harassment are also presented. As students make choices along the way, their opinions and actions will help them develop a bullying prevention campaign for improving their school’s overall climate.
The delivery method is blended, utilizing a combination of online lessons and activities, and offline classroom activities.
Target Course Length
The target course length is approximately 3-3/4 hours, including online time, and offline time for classroom activities.
After completing Act Now! 7th Grade, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate two ways, in a role-play situation, to help a victim in a bullying situation.
- Demonstrate one way, in a role-play situation, to stand up for themselves in a bullying situation.
- Demonstrate, in a role-play situation, how to ask an adult for help in a bullying situation.
- Distinguish between snitching and telling.
- Demonstrate advocacy through the creation of an anti-bullying campaign for their school.
- Identify what sexual harassment is.
- Demonstrate how to appropriately respond to sexual harassment via role-playing.
- Identify three ways to change school climate and communicate them to school teachers, administrators, and parents.
In Get the Message Out, students put their knowledge to the test by deciding if a text message is something a friend would send or if it's something a bully would send.