Act Now! 2nd Grade
In this teacher or counselor facilitated course designed to be projected onto an interactive white board, second grade students learn about friendship, feelings, and the basics of bullying. Through a series of online lessons, videos, and both online and offline activities, students learn to define bullying, understand the difference between tattling and telling, and demonstrate how to show care and compassion for someone. Fun educational games engage the students, giving them the opportunity to practice the skills they have learned.
The delivery method is blended, utilizing a combination of online lessons and activities, and offline classroom activities.
Target Course Length
The target course length is approximately 5 hours, including online time, and offline time for classroom activities.
After completing Act Now! 2nd Grade, students will be able to:
- Define bullying as when someone uses his or her power unfairly and repeatedly to hurt someone.
- Differentiate between bullying behaviors and non-bullying behaviors.
- Demonstrate, in a role play situation, two positive ways to deal with a bullying situation.
- Demonstrate, in a role play situation, one way to calm down when they are in a bullying situation, and are angry.
- Demonstrate assertiveness in a role-play scenario by using an “I statement” in response to a bullying situation.
- Name at least two trusted adults that they can go to if they need help, and show how they would ask for help.
- Demonstrate, in a role play situation, how to show care and compassion for someone.
- Differentiate between tattling and telling given video scenarios of both behaviors, and describe to the class why they are different.
- Create an anti-bullying poster, and explain their poster to at least one other person.
Meet Us is an introductory activity where students meet CJ, Kate, Raj, and Mollie Mai, learn a little bit about each of these characters, and find out what’s going on at their school.