Safety Ranger Academy 1st & 2nd Grade
Help your first and second grade students learn important home safety topics with this interactive course designed to be teacher-facilitated via an interactive white board. Students learn to behave safely around a fire pit, recognize safe ways to use play equipment, state the water safety rule, and to recognize and call 9-1-1 in an emergency. The course consists of three short online lessons, online and offline activities, and an educational game that gives students the opportunity to practice the skills they have learned.
The delivery method is blended, utilizing a combination of online lessons and activities, and offline classroom activities.
Target Course Length
The target course length is approximately 2-1/2 hours, including online time, and offline time for classroom activities.
After completing Safety Ranger Academy 1st & 2nd Grade, students will be able to:
- Distinguish between at least two safe and unsafe uses of play equipment.
- State the water safety rule: always ask an adult to watch you each and every time you are in or around water.
- State 9-1-1 as the phone number to call in an emergency.
- Identify at least two possible poisons in the home, and tell an adult at home why they are dangerous.
- Create a fire escape plan for their home with the help of an adult, and explain it to another person.
- Demonstrate asking an adult for help in two different unsafe home situations through role playing.
- Identify three unsafe items and/or situations in and around the home, and describe why they are unsafe.
Students must identify three poisons in a scrolling binoculars-eye view of a kitchen scene.